Zebra Mussel Filter Systems, Inc.
State Route 96
5785 South Main St.
Romulus, N. Y. 14541
[local] 607 869 5859
Zebra Mussel Filter Information
- Two 20-micron paper composite filters (200 square feet surface to filter
out the mussels and silt).
- Filters: 20 microns (.0008 inch)
- Human Hair: 200 microns (.0079 inch)
- Veligers: 70 Microns (0.0027 inch)
- Red Blood Cell: 10 Microns (0.0004 inch)
- Metallic fabric covering intake and filters (fabric on intake keeps mussels
from attaching and blocking it. Also the chemical composition emitted
over the filters kills veligers/larvae)
- Filters are manufactured by Zebra Mussel Filter Systems, Inc. (This filter
goes on the end of the water line to protect the pipes, pump and
Model 5100L Filter information
- Lasts approximately two to three years(depending on water usage and
- Water flow approximately 140 gallons per minute (70 gallons per filter)
- The filters, metallic fabric, and related hardware are protected by 6"
- When the filters need replacing, there are two options:
- A refurbished Model 5100L filter
with new filters and metallic fabric
is installed and the old filter is returned to us
- A homeowner can purchase
a filter replacement kit and install it in the Model 5100L.
- Our zebra mussel filter
was independently tested by National Aquatic of
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and found to be extremely
effective in keeping zebra
mussels out of the water system.
Model 6000 Filter
This filter is similar to the 5100L and offers the same zebra mussel
protection, but has a 2-inch water connection
capable of a higher rate of water flow for large volume use for homes or
businesses; this is often useful in conjunction with shore wells.
Model 1500 Filter
The "seasonal unit", intended to supply zebra mussel free water to
cottages and seasonal businesses, where the water line is in shallow water
and may be pulled up each winter. Installation is simple and easy for
Submersible Pump Protective Case
This case is made of 6" schedule 40 PVC pipe that surrounds the pump.
It is then connected between the filter and the home water line.
Submersible pump encasement attached to Model 5100L Zebra Mussel Systems